MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

State representative seriously burned while trying to start brush fire

Representative Craig Hickman was using gasoline to start the fire, and officials say the gas vapors caught his clothing on fire. (Maine House Democrats)

WINTHROP (WGME) – The State Fire Marshal’s Office says a state representative from Winthrop was seriously burned while attempting to start a brush fire on his property Tuesday morning.

Representative Craig Hickman was using gasoline to start the fire, and officials say the gas vapors caught his clothing on fire. Hickman was burned on his legs and his chest.

After being taken to Central Maine Medical Center, Hickman was Lifeflighted to Maine Medical in Portland.

Hickman is in fair condition.

A GoFundMe page has been started to help take care of Hickman's farm.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending