Fire at Fryeburg Fairgrounds ruled accidental
FRYEBURG (WGME) -- The State Fire Marshal's Office says a fire at the Fryeburg Fairgrounds Tuesday night was accidental and caused about $500,000 in damage.
Investigators say an electrical malfunction started the fire in a sheep barn, which then spread to a cattle shed.
Both buildings were destroyed and six others were damaged.
No animals were inside at the time and no one was hurt.
Fairground employees say this year's fair will go on in October as usual, even if they have to put up tents.