Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Prosecutor: Hernandez was gunman in double killing

BOSTON (AP) -- Prosecutors say former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez, who already faces a murder charge in a man's shooting death last year, was also the gunman in an unrelated 2012 double slaying in Boston.

The victims in that killing, Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, were shot to death as they sat in a car in Boston. Police have said they were shot by someone who drove up alongside in an SUV and opened fire.

Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley said at a news conference Thursday announcing that Hernandez has been indicted that the victims were "ambushed and executed" as they drove home and that Hernandez was the gunman.

Conley says Hernandez and the victims had had an encounter in a club that night.

Lawyers for Hernandez did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.