Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

One man injured after flash fire at old Saco fire station

SACO (WGME) -- One man is injured after a flash fire at the old Saco fire station.

The injured man is an employee from Maine Roofing Company, which is working on renovating the fire station into an office building.

Workers tell us the injured man was working with some chemicals on the second floor when the chemicals caught fire.

His coworkers say they used drop cloths and fire extinguishers to smother the fire.

We're told the injured worker suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his legs below his knee.

EMT's rushed him to Maine Medical Centers burn treatment unit.

No word on his condition at this time.