Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Man & Child rescued in Bath Fire

BATH (WGME) -- Bath's fire chief says a father and his four year-old son are "extremely lucky to be alive" after a daring rescue from Bath firefighters. Bath Fire Chief Steve Hines was the first to arrive on the scene at 62 South Street. When he got there the boy, 4 year-old Nicholas Tanguay, and his father, 37 year-old John Tanguay, were stuck in a second floor window. Fire crews had to use a ladder truck to rescue the pair. The fire chief calls it the most difficult rescue firefighters can do. The man and child were both speaking when they got them out of the house and were taken to Midcoast Hospital in Brunswick. The family says they believe the fire started on the first floor of the home. They also a say a dog and cat died in the fire.

37 year-old John Tanguay

4 year-old Nicholas Tanguay.