Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Fire Damages new Portsmouth movie theaters

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (WGME) -- A Portsmouth movie theater is partially reopen following a rooftop fire Friday.

The fire broke out in a heating unit on the roof of the newly opened Cinemagic theater on Lafayette road. Fire officials say a plow driver first noticed the flames early this morning. They also say several theaters inside the building were damaged by water.

Investigators say the fire was caused by snow building up against the heating unit, and sparking natural gas when the heater tried to ignite.