Semi-finalists named in 'World's Best Lobster Roll' competition
PORTLAND (WGME) - The lobster roll is one of Maine’s most iconic foods, and it stands to reason that Maine would do well in a competition to name the world's best.
Wednesday, Down East magazine announced the 12 semi-finalists for the World's Best Lobster Roll competition.
Dozens of lobster roll restaurants and vendors from across the U.S. submitted their applications to be named to the elite 12. All but two of the entries had Maine connections:
- The Lobster Lady, Phoenix, AZ and Isle au Haut, ME
- The Clam Shack - Kennebunk, ME
- Bob's Clam Hut - Kittery, ME
- Cousins Maine Lobster - Los Angeles, CA and Various Locations
- C-Ray Lobster - Bar Harbor, ME
- Bite Into Maine - Cape Elizabeth, ME
- The Highroller Lobster Co. - Portland, ME
- Northern Maine Community College - Presque Isle, ME
- Eventide Oyster Co. - Portland, ME
- Luke's Lobster - New York, NY and Various Locations
- Freshies Lobster Co. - Park City, Utah
- Stonington Ice Cream Company - Stonington, ME
The final competition will take place at the inaugural Down East Lobster Roll Festival on Saturday, July 8, at Thompson's Point in Portland.