Portland Issues Yellow Zone Parking Ban
PORTLAND (WGME) -- The City of Portland has declared a Yellow Zone Parking Ban beginning Thursday at 10 p.m. through 6 a.m. Friday.
Vehicles left on city streets after 10 p.m. can be towed at the owner’s expense.
The city says the Yellow Zone snow ban is used to allow crews to perform snow hauling following major snow storms.
The Yellow Zone includes the downtown district bounded by Cumberland Avenue, Franklin Street, Commercial Street, and State Street.
Parking locations are listed below:
- Deering Oaks - on the Tennis Court Road only - only on the left side of the road. No parking on the right side.
- Fitzpatrick Stadium parking lot - this is the lot behind the Ice Arena. Do not park adjacent to the Ice Arena.
- Hadlock Field parking lot
- All Portland Public School parking lots except the Reiche School lot which abuts the school and playground *Must be out by 6:30 AM.
- Cutter St. lots (off the Eastern Prom)
- Beach St. lot accessible from Commercial St. after 8 p.m.
- City lot at the corner of Park and Commercial streets across the street from the
- IMT (International Marine Terminal) AKA Angelo's Acre 441 Commercial St.
- On Peaks Island, snow ban parking is available at the Welch St. parking lot
- Western Prom - Bowdoin to West Street (waterside)
- Eastern Prom - Turner to East End School property light pole 33 (waterside)
- Marginal Way - Plowman to just before the entrance area to the east End Waste
- Water treatment Plant (waterside)
- Preble Street Extension Parking Lot (Across from Hannaford) - adhere to the spaces that are designated for snow ban parking.
- State Street Extension - Parking is available on State St Ext between Forest Ave & Park Ave across from the entrance to Deering Oaks Park. Left side of the road only where parking is typically available. Adhere to any no parking signs closest to Forest Ave.
- Most parking garages, will be available during snow bans at reduced rates.