MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Tenant says newspaper was on fire outside apartment in Oxford

Capture.JPG

OXFORD (WGME) -- A fire broke out at a senior home in Oxford early Tuesday morning.

There was minimal damage and nobody was hurt at Oxford Meadows on Main Street.

A quick thinking resident saw her newspaper on fire right outside her front door and was bound and determined to put it out.

"I heard the alarm go off around 4:30. So I went and grabbed my coat to go out and open the door and there was a fire. The newspaper itself was on fire. So I said, ‘I can't go outside without putting this out.’ So I put water to it,” Barbara Roy, resident, said. “I did my good deed for the day."

Nearly a year ago an 85-year-old woman died when a common area at Oxford Meadows caught fire.

Trending