Bill would allow wine tasting at farmers' markets in Maine
AUGUSTA (WGME) -- A bill would allow wine tasting at farmers' markets in Maine.
A public hearing on the bill, LD 1293 or “An Act to Allow Wine Tastings at Farmers' Markets,” will be held Tuesday.
According to the bill, the following conditions apply to taste-testing activities:
- Wine may not be served to persons who have not yet attained 21 years of age
- A person may not be served a taste-testing sample of more than 2 ounces of wine at a time
- A person may not be charged a fee for any wine served as part of a taste-testing activity
- A person who is visibly intoxicated may not be served
- Taste testing must be conducted within the hours of retail sale established
- Taste testing is not allowed in any municipality where on-premises and off-premises sales are not allowed