Fire breaks out at Kittery police officer’s home

The Kittery Fire Department says the fire started on Cook Street around 2 a.m. (WGME)

A fire broke out early Thursday morning at the home of a Kittery police officer.

It started around 2 a.m. on Cook Street.

Firefighters say it looks like a clogged chimney caused the fire and that a wood stove was burning in the home.

Police say two adults and two kids were inside at the time, but everyone got out okay.

Firefighters say the officer got his family out and called the fire department just in time.

Firefighters say there were working smoke detectors in the home.

While the outside of the home appears okay, police say the inside was heavily damaged.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off